• 0

Hi Everyone! 


     I'm Natalie Tierney, a second year Psychology major from Thurgood Marshall College.

     My favorite activities/hobbies include dancing, reading, traveling, cooking, and volunteering. I love to dance and have taken jazz, tap, lyrical, modern, and contemporary classes, of which my favorite style to perform is jazz. My favorite book changes almost every year, last year it was Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. In 2014, I hope to be able to travel to Ireland to study abroad for Fall Quarter of my junior year. My favorite dishes to cook for my family are sweet and spicy salmon, apple baked pork chops, and lasagna.

     I decided during senior year of high school to make a bucket list and on that list I made it a goal of mine to be able to make a difference in a community that was out of California. That is what led me to AB. Well, actually it was a flyer on Library Walk that promised an experience of working with an organization that would help me achieve my goal of volunteering domestically or internationally. From meeting my driven and all around amazing team members to the pre-trip Education and Training we are doing to prepare for our Spring Break volunteer service, I couldn't be more excited to be a part of Alternative Breaks Teens with Dreams 2014. As it says in our AB Vision, I am so excited to have started on my journey to becoming an active citizen committed to lifelong service. 

My take on our very important questions: 
1. Jeggings are the go to pants now because they are comfortable, yet can help your ensemble look put together and classy. 
2. According to a 2009 article on CNN's travel page, Singapore is the food capital of the world. I don't think I need to elaborate on why that is significant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment