• 0

Introducing Danielle

  I am Danielle Ocampo. I am a senior/4th year at UCSD in Sixth College. It is my second year with Alternative Breaks and this year I am fortunate to be a chair in Events Coordinating. My major is Communications and International Studies. 
   I decided to be part of Alternative Breaks again this year because it changed my life the first time I was part of it. I finished my service feeling fulfilled and wanting more. I had an experience I never felt with other volunteering experiences. Alternative Breaks taught that it was not just about the people receiving our service work but how we can grow and continue to be active citizens. I also learned how important it is to learn about what it means to be an active citizen and how I can have a positive effect on the world regardless of how big or small my contribution is. I learned how important it is to grow and as individual as with a group of people who become great friends. With that amazing experience I decided to apply to be in leadership to further grow my experience and reapply to a service trip. With my greatest pleasure I was chosen to be part of Alternative Breaks: Teens with Dreams. 

Regarding the questions from our site leaders:
1. Jeggings are the new fashion statement because Conan O'Brien wore them so everyone wanted to wear them. Proof: http://teamcoco.com/content/conan-rocks-man-jeggings
2. Singapore is my favorite country because I heard it's Bryan's favorite country so now it's my favorite country. I'm kidding, I've never been to Singapore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment